How To Install Android Nougat ROM On Asus Zenpad 8 [Z380KL] [P024]
If you’re reading this post, there’s probably a huge chance that you came here after reading my huge how to guide on How To Root & Install TWRP On Asus Zenpad 8 (Z380KL) (P024). If not, then you should. Since this post is essentially a Second-Part of that post. But anyways, if your Asus Zenpad is already rooted & you have a TWRP Recovery installed on it. You might be interested in installing a new ROM on it! Right? Well, if the inner voice back in your head (which is reading this) said.
OH HELL YEAH!!!
Then my friend you’re at the right place! In this “Second-Part” of my post. I’m going to show you How To Install A Custom ROM On Your Asus Zenpad 8! But not just any ROM. It’s LineageOS 14.1, Android Nougat! So, Shall We Begin?
Before We Begin, If You Still Don’t Know What Rooting Is Or How To Root Your Asus Zenpad 8 [Z380KL] [P024]? Check Out These Posts!
- What Is Rooting Android? Why Should I Root?
- How To Root Sony Asus Zenpad 8 (Z380KL) Without PC
- How To Install TWRP On Asus Zenpad 8 (Z380KL)
NOTE: Before you proceed to keep in mind that the LineageOS 14.1 ROM currently only supports these Sony Xperia M Models.
- Asus Zenpad 8 (Z380KL) (P024)
Don’t know what Model your Phone is? Go To Settings > About Phone > Model.
Android Nougat 7.1.1 LineageOS 14.1 Asus Zenpad 8 (Z380KL) - AndroidCUT
2. LineageOS 14.1 Android Nougat Screenshots
3. LineageOS 14.1 Android Nougat Screenshots
4. LineageOS 14.1 Android Nougat Screenshots
5. LineageOS 14.1 Android Nougat Screenshots
6. LineageOS 14.1 Android Nougat Screenshots
7. LineageOS 14.1 Android Nougat Screenshots
The screenshots provided above are the sample ones. Though to be honest AOSP will look pretty much like stock anyways…
Features Of The ROM
- Based On Android Nougat
- Nougat framework
- Good Charging time
- Good Battery backup
- Good call sound
- Better Wifi Reception In Some Models.
- Both Cameras working
- Smooth and fast
- Clean bloat free interface
Bugs Of The ROM
- May Hang At Some Places.
- Stock Camera App Might Not Work On Some Models. Please Install Third Party Ones.
- Please Comment More If You Find Other Bugs.
- Find More About Android N 7.1.1
- Android N Detailed Explanation – Wikipedia
- Android N All The Key Features Explained
Download Android Nougat ROM For Asus Zenpad 8 [Z380KL] [P024]
Users who are interested in the ROM can download it from the Official LineageOS Download Page. Currently, the ROM is available for these models so please tap on the download link specific for your device.
- Asus Zenpad 8 (Z380KL) (P024)
How To Flash A Rom Tutorial
So if you’re interested in trying out the ROM (Which you should) But you don’t know How To Flash A ROM then you can check out this little tutorial that I’ve written on How To Flash A ROM On Your Device.
- Your Tablet Should Be Rooted With TWRP Custom Recovery Installed.
- Backup Your Current Data.
- Battery Should Be Above 25%.
- Download The Android Nougat ROM From Above.
- Put The Downloaded ROM In Your SD Card.
Step 1: Entering Recovery Mode
Shut Down Your Tablet and wait till it’s completely turned off (You’ll hear a buzz sound when it’s completely turned off) after which enter the Recovery mode by pressing the Home Button + Volume Up + Power Button at the same until you see the Samsung boot logo pop-up.
Step 2: Wiping The System
Once you’re in the recovery, The home screen would look like this. In the menu that you can see, tap on the “Wipe” Tile to enter the Wiping Zone.
Step 3: Advance Wiping.
Once you enter the wiping zone. Tap on “Advance Wipe” & select all the following items.
- Dalvik/ART Cache.
Once you’ve selected these items, slide the bar below to wipe. After the wipe is done, Go back to the home screen by pressing the software keys at the bottom of the screen.
Step 4: Installing The ROM
On the home screen, Tap on the “Install” Tile to open Installation menu. In the Installation menu browse through the files & select the ROM that you’ve downloaded.
- Example – Storage/External_SD-Card/Downloads/ROM.zip
Once you’ve found the ROM, tap on it to select and just like last time, Slide the bar on the bottom to flash it. The ROM flashing process will now start & will take 4-5 Minutes to complete After which you need to flash the Pure Android Nougat 7.1.2 GApps.
- Don’t Know What Are GApps Or How To Flash Them? No Worries! Check Out Our Full Guide On How To Flash GApps On Any Android Phone.
And that’s the last nail in the coffin! Now your Asus Zenpad 8 is on Android Nougat! And that too on a great custom build! Honestly, this is the best you’re gonna get for your tablet. but if you, however, think that LineageOS 14.1 isn’t for you. then it’s fine, You can always try like other ROMs!
Subscribe To Notifications ^.^
And On A Side Note, If You Want To Get Notified Whenever We Post Something New. Well If You’re using Chrome Or Firefox then you can click that little bell icon below to subscribe to our notifications! Don’t Worry! We Only Send One Notification Per Day 🙂