Hey, what’s going on guys? My name is Akash and today I’m back with another tech post, this time, taking a look at the new OxygenOs 3.5.5 (Android Marshmallow) OTA update for the OnePlus 2. Keep in mind that it is an “OTA” update so those who have voided the warranty of the phone by Rooting it will not be getting this update.
However, If you have rooted your OnePlus 2 you can check out the list on Top Best Custom Roms For OnePlus 2. Anyways, If you are not one of those who has Rooted your phone. You are welcome to get this update! So without any further talks let’s begin!
OxygenOS 3.5.5 Update For OnePlus 2
So you might be wondering. “Lol, the world has moved to Android N Why OnePlus Still Giving Us Android M?” Well, I won’t argue with that! This “is” a late update to a pretty high-end phone. But hey! It’s something.
As for the new features goes, the update finally brings VoLTE support for the phone, as OnePlus promised they would. the update also brings a new Battery Saving Mode which will help when you’re running out of juice, A new Gaming Mode that’ll increase the performance of the phone while gaming but will also drain more battery so make sure you are near a power source before you turn it on.
There are also several new features along with stability improvements and bug fixes.
ScreenShots Of The OxygenOS 3.5.5 Update
What’s New In The OnePlus 2 OxygenOS 3.5.5 Update?
Good question Joe! If you’re wondering what’s new in the new OxygenOS 3.5.5 Update for the OnePlus 2. here, Have a look. I’ve listed the official changelog of the update so that you can decide whether it’s worth the update or not. Especially for Rooted users as this will require them to go back and flash the stock ROM in order to do that. But, considering you are not one of them. give it a shot.
And here are the lists of the features that are added in the new update.
- Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers
- Added App Lock
- Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More )
- Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options )
- Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider.
- Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
- Shelf Optimizations
- Updated OxygenOS UI
- Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app
- Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16
- Increased System Stability
- General Bug Fixes
Some More Things To Note
Before you go ahead and update your phone please do note that according to the post at OnePlus forums
- Clock, Calculator, and Messages will be REPLACED by stock OnePlus apps if you have never updated the corresponding Google apps. But you can download these apps from Google in the Play Store even after the replacement.
- Many of the phone settings will be restored to default after upgrading to 3.5.5, for instance, device name, ring tones, accent colors and status bar battery indication will all be reverted to default settings.
- After updating to 3.5.5, basic functions like WiFi connectivity, Network and Fingerprint might be affected if users flash back to 3.1.0. Users will have to use a special 3.1.0 downgrading version and flashing tool that will wipe all data from the phone. You should backup if you want to revert to older versions from 3.5.5 without losing data.
More details about the update can be found on the OnePlus forum.
Keep in mind that the OnePlus 2 OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA update is 1.2GB in size. So make sure you have an adequate data or I’ll recommend a WIFI connection for downloading the update. Also, the update is rolling out slowly to all users. So be patience if you haven’t received yours yet.
And that’s pretty much it, If you found something useful in this post, make sure to subscribe to our tech-news letter to get more Tips & Tutorials like this straight to your inbox!
Thanks For reading and have a nice day! #StayAwesomeStayTechy
Find Me On Social Media!
My Facebook – Click Here!
My GooglePlus – Click Here!
Follow Me On Twitter – Click Here!
I’m AKASH FROM AADEVELOPERS #StayTunned!